Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Results and a recipe EDIT

Okay...I grilled my ribs last night.  I cooked them for about 1 1/2 hours at about 250 - 275 degrees ( a bit difficult to regulate with my grill).  The first 1/2 hour of that they were wrapped in foil.  In retrospect that should have been longer and the meat would have just fallen off the bone.  Oh well...they were still delicious.  The rub really did give them a great flavor. 
Also....I made a second batch of Strawberry Gelato last night.  I made two small additions to the recipe this time around.  1st I added about 1/2 tsp of good vanilla extract to my simple syrup.  I thought the vanilla gave it a bit more "richness" and a greater creamier taste.  2nd, I also added about 1 tsp. of white corn syrup to the simple syrup.  I seem to have a vague recollection of Alton Brown saying that this will result in a finer crystal structure to the final product....and it did!  The gelato had a much smaller grain of ice crystals  which gave it a much better texture.  If I falsely attribute this to Alton Brown...I apologize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment