Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HELP!!!.....Turnips

And todays mystery basket contains: 
Mixed Lettuce
Snap Peas
Turnips
Onions
Cucumbers (2)
Yellow Squash (1)
Raspberries
Arugala (This didn't actually come in the basket, but I added it)

My wife and I had already planned for salad one night, so the lettuce is taken care of along with some of the arugala and I think I will make a raspberry vinegret dressing.  The rest of the arugala, yellow squash, onion and some of the peas I will use in a pasta primavera (a personal favorite and an easy way to use a lot of vegetables).  I am not too sure about the Cucumbers ( I generally just cut them and eat them, but I would like to try something else). 

Turnips!  Growing up, all we did was pull them out of the ground, brush the dirt off and eat them.  I really don't know much else to do with them.  I think someone put a recipe up on Facebook about steaming them in butter with mushrooms, but I'm not sure if that appeals to me too much.  Anyone have any ideas?  I am gound to spend a little time on the internet exploring possibilities, but ideas are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment