Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gyros....great results

Okay...so I made the gyros for dinner tonight.  After last nights prep work (making the tzatziki and marinading the flank steak), I had a quick and easy meal tonight.  I simply grilled up the steak, some onion and some pitas and served it alongside the tzatzkiki, some chopped tomato, cucumber, some feta cheese and a little bit of our salad greens.  It really came out great.  The marinade for the meat was fantastic.  I was a little afraid that I had put too much lemon juice and it would "cook" the meat overnight.  But...Nope!  It came out great.  I let it rest about 5 minutes after grilling and sliced it against the grain and it came out with a great flavor and very tender.  I am becoming a BIG FAN of flank steak. 
 








I have tomorrow afternoon off so it will be a major cooking day as I take a stab at my version of the vietnamese soup...pho.  It won't be traditional, but it should be good.  I have no recipe I am following...I am just going to "wing it".   I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment