Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our favorite Salad....with a twist.

When my wife and I are wanting something light for dinner, we often turn to an old "stand-by".  It is a salad that is very filling and tastes great.  With all the fresh lettuces we get in our harvest basket, we make it quite often, however this week we mixed it up a little.

Salad:
1 bag mixed greens
2 Grilled Chicken breasts
1/2 cup blue cheese (or goat cheese)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup almonds

Dressing:
8 (or so) raspberries
Juice of 1 lime
1 TBS  Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp  Dijon Mustard
1 1/2  tsp Honey
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Normally we eat this salad with Blue Cheese and a balsamic vinegret dressing and it is really good.  However..just to mix it up a bit (and used another item from our basket) we used Goat cheese and some Raspberry Venegret.  I simply through all the dressing ingredients into a blender and blended until emulsified.  In retrospect....I think I should have strained the dressing afterword.  I am still picking seeds out of my teeth.  The goat cheese was also a nice change.  This is a great dinner salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment