Monday, June 13, 2011

No Veggie basket this week....let's talk about MEAT!

Our farm family are taking a, much needed, vacation this week.  (I can't even imagine how hard it is to do what they do).  What does that mean to me?  Well....no harvest basket.  But don't worry...I will find something food related to talk about.
For the last few weeks, I have seen ribs at the grocery store, and seen them on TV on cooking shows.  I think I am finally going to have to give them a try.  I have NEVER made ribs before so this should be interesting. 
Last night I mixed up a dry rub to put on the ribs.  It was something like this:

RUB:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup finely ground coffee
1 TBS Cumin
1 tsp.  Cayenne
1 TBS Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp.  Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger

I rubbed this liberally over the ribs and then wrapped them tightly in plastic wrap.  I placed them in the refridgerator overnight and they should be ready to go this evening.  I will let you know how it all comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment