Friday, July 29, 2011

Thai Green Curry with Eggplant

   I haven't posted for a while!  Last week I used almost all of my vegetables in one single dish...my spicy cabbage rolls.  This week we got some nice stuff from our basket and a bit from a friend with a large garden (thanks Randy!).  Thanks to our basket and Randy we have several small eggplant to work with and some peppers.  I thought....GREEN CURRY!  One of our favorite restaurants has a great green curry so I am going to try and replicate that...to some extent.  Here it is:

Green Curry with Eggplant
3 small eggplant cut on the bias
1 zucchini cut into matchsticks
2 TBS green curry paste
1 can coconut milk
2 small chicken breasts
4-5 basil leaves
1 small bell pepper sliced
2 jalepeno peppers Sliced into strips
2 Scallions
1 tsp fish sauce
Salt and Pepper

I cut the eggplant and sauted it in a bit of oil until it started to brown. I removed it from the pan and cooked my chicken quickly in the same pan.  I then removed it.  I then added my zucchini, and peppers and cooked for only a minute or so on high heat before adding back the chicken and the eggplant.  Next I stirred in the curry paste and let it cook for a few seconds before adding the coconut milk, fish sauce, salt and pepper.  I let this go on medium heat for about 5 minutes just to let the flavors meld.  Just before serving, I added my chopped basil and then the scallions as a garnish.  Serve over a little rice and you have a wonderful dish.  I think this would also be great with a little cilantro instead of the basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment