Saturday, July 16, 2011

ART and 3 fresh dips!

I had a gallery exhibit of my Fine Art Photography on Friday and decided to use some of my vegetables to create some "Dips" to put out for my guests.  Out of the 3...2 came out great.   The other one was good, but I think it is missing something.  Maybe you could fix it.

#1  White Bean and Spinach Dip
(you can find the recipe for this in an earlier post)

#2 Gazpacho Dip (Use as a dip or as a cold soup.  Excellent either way!)
3 Tomatos (large)
1/2 Red onion
2 cucumbers (medium)
1 Jalepeno (small)
1/4 cup Fesh dill (Chopped fine)
Salt, Pepper
Lime Juice

This one came out very good.  I am not a huge fan of Gazpacho, but this is pretty good.  Simply place everything, except the salt, pepper and Lime Juice in a food processor and let it rip.  Don't blend it too smooth if you are using it as a dip.  I like it a bit "Chunkier".  Add the salt, pepper and Lime Juice to fit your tastes.

#3  Southwestern Zucchini Dip
4 medium Zucchini
1/2 yellow onion
1 Jalepeno
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne
Salt and Pepper

I found a recipe similar to this online (which is how I got the idea), but then I couldn't find it again...so I made it up.  It came out okay, but I think it needs something.    I diced the onion and Jalepeno and sweated them in olive oil until they were soft.  I then added the cubed (3/4 inch) zucchini, the chicken stock and the spices.  Simmer on low until the zucchini gets soft and the chicken stock has evaporated.  Remove all to a bowl and mash well with a potato masher.  I think this needs to be strained and mixed with some sour cream or something.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment