Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This weeks Haul of Vegetables

Here is the list of our items for the week:

1 head of cabbage
leeks
cherry tomatoes
tomatillos
Squash
Cucumber
Carrots
and a few "Scratch and Dent' tomatoes that Kevin gave me!

     I have been wanting to make "Ribollita" for a while now.  It is a really hearty Tuscan vegetable soup with cabbage, white beans and day old bread.  You top it off with marinara so I will use my tomatoes for that as well.  I fell in love with Ribollitta in Italy while on my honeymoon and have always wanted to try my hand at making it.  They use black cabbage, but I have never seen or heard of that around here so green will have to do.  It can't be that different.....right????    I think I will try that this week.  My in-laws are coming so I can't be too creative in the kitchen.  They are classic Pennsylvania Dutch and aren't very adventurous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment