Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Basket Tomorrow...but a great dinner tonight

Grilled Marinated Swordfish, lemony basmati rice, and green beans.  Some friends gave us some swordfish steaks and I decided they would make a nice quick dinner tonight. 

Swordfish
Swodfish steaks
Mirin
Soy sauce
garlic
Ginger
Lemon Juice

  I mixed all the marinade ingredients together and marinated the fish in it for about 4 hours.  I got my grill good and hot and grilled them until barely done through. 

Lemony Basmati Rice
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced carrot
3/4 cup basmati rice
1 cup Chicken Stock
2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 tsp lemon zest
Pinch of salt

I sauted my carrot and onion until soft and then added my rice, stock, salt, zest and Juice.  Bring to a boil then cover and set on low heat for 20 minutes.  Fluff with a fork and serve.

This was very good.  I only wish the rice had a bit more lemon flavor.  Next time I will put a bit more zest and lemon juice.  It was a very nice, light dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment