Saturday, May 28, 2011

My creative cooking blog!

My wife and I joined are part of a harvest basket program through Cooley Family farms. On Wednesday of every week we pick up our basket and see what goodies we have in store for the week. This is our second year of participating in the harvest basket program. The first year, I had a lot of trouble using all the vegetables and (I hate to say) many went to waste. Some of the items I was completely unfamiliar with. I have to admit that was part of my initial interest in the program as it would force me to be creative with our menu planning each week. I get to have "Iron Chef" every week!
This year I have sworn to do better. This blog is part of the process. Each week I will list the items in our basket and my recipes for those ingredients. I will also rate my recipes to let you know how they come out. If you have any suggestions or comments...please send them along. This should be a fun journey of cooking creativity!
~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment